Mould

Mould Remediation

Get Help. Call the Experts 705.787.8647

Mould spores are a natural part of the environment. They exist both indoors and outdoors, floating in the air much like pollen and thriving in dark, damp spaces. Mould can become a problem indoors when spores land on a wet surface and begin to grow. To multiply and form colonies, spores need moisture, a food source – such as drywall, wall paper glue, wood or carpet – and lack of light.

In severe cases, mould can cause major property loss, and devalue a building. Within 24–48 hours, mould can spread enough to cause health issues, such as headaches, allergic reactions, (hay fever-type symptoms, skin rashes) and potentially severe respiratory symptoms.

Common causes of massive mould growth:

Snow and ice melting from winter storms
Flooding from heavy rain fall
Slow leaks
Collateral water damage from fire fighting
Sewer back-ups
Ruptured hot water tanks
High indoor humidity (above 45 percent), particularly in basements and in attics where the roof has been damaged

How we can help

If your home or business has suffered water damage, mould is an immediate risk. Getting professional assistance is critical in the first 48 hours to stop mould before it starts to spread. If you do find mould, do not try to clean it up yourself – the affected area needs to be professionally contained.